Noise Canceling Park
A proposal to install a large number of microphone/speaker combos throughout Sony Park, effectively creating an active noise control system (i.e., the technology used in noise-canceling headphones) that lowers noise levels within the Park compared to those of surrounding areas.
Online voter comments:
Blue boxes show positive comments, Red boxes show negative comments.
The length of the striped bar represents the number of people who shared the opinion.
• The degree to which advanced technologies (including IT) are used
3 (Low-tech) 1 - 2 - 3 (High-tech)
• Site-specificness: The degree to which the idea targets a specific locale
3 (Site-agnostic/universal) 1 - 2 - 3 (Site-specific)
• Degree of commercial potential
1 (Strictly for public good) 1 - 2 - 3 (May profit some parties involved)
• Time scale of citizen-led changes to cities enabled by the idea
2 (Short-term change) 1 - 2 - 3 (Long-term change)
• Geographic scale of citizen-led changes to cities enabled by the idea
1 (Small-scale change) 1 - 2 - 3 (Large-scale change)
• Hurdles toward participation, from a citizen’s perspective
1 (Anyone can participate) 1 - 2 - 3 (Requires expertise, time, money, etc.)