Drawing Sound Wall
A large digital display to which visitors can upload doodles, drawn either on mobile devices or on pieces of paper. Uploaded doodles come to life and move around autonomously within the screen, bumping into other doodles and eventually merging to become larger doodles. Sound effects can be assigned to the doodles, which are played back whenever doodles bump into each other — creating an ever-changing background music for Sony Park.
Online voter comments:
Blue boxes show positive comments, Red boxes show negative comments.
The length of the striped bar represents the number of people who shared the opinion.
• The degree to which advanced technologies (including IT) are used
3 (Low-tech) 1 - 2 - 3 (High-tech)
• Site-specificness: The degree to which the idea targets a specific locale
1 (Site-agnostic/universal) 1 - 2 - 3 (Site-specific)
• Degree of commercial potential
2 (Strictly for public good) 1 - 2 - 3 (May profit some parties involved)
• Time scale of citizen-led changes to cities enabled by the idea
1 (Short-term change) 1 - 2 - 3 (Long-term change)
• Geographic scale of citizen-led changes to cities enabled by the idea
2 (Small-scale change) 1 - 2 - 3 (Large-scale change)
• Hurdles toward participation, from a citizen’s perspective
1 (Anyone can participate) 1 - 2 - 3 (Requires expertise, time, money, etc.)