A system where a group of “creators” can propose various types of events (dance party, speed dating, etc.) that take place — given enough public support — inside rapidly deployable, glowing inflatable structures. The locations of the inflatables in the city are publicly announced on a smartphone app, but details regarding the events held inside are kept secret, and can only be found out by actually visiting the sites.
Online voter comments:
Blue boxes show positive comments, Red boxes show negative comments.
The length of the striped bar represents the number of people who shared the opinion.
• The degree to which advanced technologies (including IT) are used
3 (Low-tech) 1 - 2 - 3 (High-tech)
• Site-specificness: The degree to which the idea targets a specific locale
1 (Site-agnostic/universal) 1 - 2 - 3 (Site-specific)
• Degree of commercial potential
2 (Strictly for public good) 1 - 2 - 3 (May profit some parties involved)
• Time scale of citizen-led changes to cities enabled by the idea
1 (Short-term change) 1 - 2 - 3 (Long-term change)
• Geographic scale of citizen-led changes to cities enabled by the idea
1 (Small-scale change) 1 - 2 - 3 (Large-scale change)
• Hurdles toward participation, from a citizen’s perspective
1 (Anyone can participate) 1 - 2 - 3 (Requires expertise, time, money, etc.)